Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Correct me if I'm wrong, there is no stud book or registry .for Chickens so all you have to prove purity is the word of the breeder (what ever that is worth)
All of them out cross.

Heres another look at what (IMO) excellent straight Asils/Aseels look like. These were posted by Walt( FowlMan1) over the summer. Notice, the stout short beak, girth of head, thickeness of the neck, chest, and shanks...all aspects saying: Power, Power, Power! In my eyes, these are true "Aseele". But I will be the first, to tell you that I am bias.

A breeding pair of Asils.

Side view of the male ..he is pretty beat up.

Front...

This day was almost 100 degree's, so he is not standing the way he would normally and his wings are up more than this. I'll take some after he molts..

Walt

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, there is no stud book or registry .for Chickens so all you have to prove purity is the word of the breeder (what ever that is worth)
All of them out cross.

Word of mouth and good honest hand shake generally is what I've found out, as you say for what its worth and if could you take it to the bank for real? LOL

Jeff

Last edited:
It is correct that there is no stud book per se for Chicken.

It is not correct that all breeders outcross; if by outcross you mean 'breed to another breed.'

For example, an Argentino Asil bred to a Manuel Reynolds Asil is still an Asil. This is a cross within the larger breed family of Asil, but not a true outcross.

Yes, in the end you have to trust the breeder. However, before you can trust a breeder you have to know the breeder.

It is not correct that all breeders outcross; if by outcross you mean 'breed to another breed.'

For example, an Argentino Asil bred to a Manuel Reynolds Asil is still an Asil. This is a cross within the larger breed family of Asil, but not a true outcross.

Yes, in the end you have to trust the breeder. However, before you can trust a breeder you have to know the breeder.
Even if there was a registry system like with dogs, doesn't mean anything.. I've heard of people who were going to use a deceased Chihauhau's papers for dogs I know one of which was half Pomeranian and the other I hadn't a clue (they didn't either) but he didn't look full Chihauhau.

God bless,
Daniel.

IMO, its about putting the time in to do a bit of homework, so you dont end up regretting what you purchased.

Doc, is correct.....know, and research, the breeder....and more importantly KNOW the breed and its nuances(what it should look like, feel like, behave, etc) that you are planning to select.

And some need to practice what they preach too. What kills me on both the gamefowl threads going here that people with little, to no experience with games are the squeakiest wheels... My advice would be to look to the people with many years experience with the breed, and who breed them to be what they should be when looking for advice, or fowl.

Anyone sell Malay eggs????
Jim Zook sells Malay, might have some available now. Google "Orchard Poultry Farm" and email him.. You might also look around for Carl Brantley, from my understanding he has Malay and sells some as well? But, I am speaking of live birds. It's too late in the year in my opinion to be looking for eggs, most game breeds have stopped laying now as they typically lay spring- late summer/early fall.

God bless,
Daniel.

Last edited:
IMO, its about putting the time in to do a bit of homework, so you dont end up regretting what you purchased.

Doc, is correct.....know, and research, the breeder....and more importantly KNOW the breed and its nuances(what it should look like, feel like, behave, etc) that you are planning to select.

The trio of Asils you picked up at Ventura are offspring of the pair you posted a page back. You were already able to see the rows of scales on their legs. I don't have the pedigree.....lol.but nothing has been added while they were here.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom