Surviving Minnesota!

Someone 45 miles north of Beach is selling some rabbit hutches. I only want 2, but I can't choose which ones I want..

v83cio.png

oi7k8y.png

118j5tf.png

All of them! LOL
I'm not helping, am I?

I get to meet MinnieChickMama today! Leaving shortly for the trip - we're going to hang out in Zumbrota for a couple hours, too.

Yes.

Her family was a long time native of the area.  The paper work from the time shows her last name as being Gallagher even before she was married, however, it was a "custom" from what we understand for a white man to "assign" his name to his wife even before they were married.

Maybe there was a stigma to mixed marriages ( it might even be a common law marriage and she just took his name) there are no records of her at all, really, before she was married.    There is a record of the brother being hung for horse thieving but I do not remember if or what the name was on him.  My Aunt had the 'info", but she has passed and I seldom (never) see my cousins to see which one of them has it now.

I thought that might be it. There are a few instances of that way back in our families, too.

My family first names were changed when they came over. I know one family who's last name was changed into 3 different last names

Last edited:
Ralphie you surprise me at every turn. I do baby quilts for friends. I can turn them around in a day or two. That's why I like them. I get much bigger I end up with lop sided quilts. Well my sewing machine can take the weight of a heavy quilt actually. and I don't have a rack to do a large quilt appropriately either.

BC. We only get one time around on this trip we are all taking. When I am standing before St Peter, or whomever I happen to be selected to see, when they ask me, " Is there anything left undone or something you wish you had done on your ride?"

"No., Sir I did everything I wanted to the best of my ability the ride was super" , Then I will ask if I can get inline for another turn. I want the express line no waiting golden ticket too....

Well, that was fun! My first time and I have been to one quilt show also. Incredible. What ever anyone can imagine it can be. People have very creative imaginations and incredibly talented.

I did not 'plan' on purchasing anything. I have everything I need. Oh but I want one of those and two of those and I just have to get that. So I came home with toys.

Ralphie, there are ALOT of male humans doing things with different mediums when it comes to wall hangings, quilts, other coverings. It is fun to talk with them and they offer so much in the way of technique. I usually find the male gender more patient in explaining what to do. Like how to season the new dry-steam iron I just bought. I would not have thought about seasoning the thing.

I hear Tom outside hooten and hollerin. I wonder if the DH is in the driveway. I had better go check.

Quote: Hahaha! That would be fun!

Quote: I'll try to help :)

I meant like what kind of cam, - It is a webcam
where did she put it - I put it in the center of my run, I bought an acrylic globe which I put over the top of it to keep the dust off of it. I have it mounted pretty low, maybe a couple feet off of the ground.
Is it like a nanny cam turned chicken cam? - where can I get one, how do I put it up and connect it to my phone, laptop, etc.....,. - this is the one I bought off of Amazon Wansview in the reviews there was a dude that had good directions on how to hook it up (my DH did it). I also had to get a WIFI range extender as the coop is approximately 125ft from the house so our WIFI could not reach it. the extender is in the garage which is closest part of the house to the coop.

Type in Web Cam in the search for the forum for more information, many people have many different cameras. on mine, the only thing is the audio does not work, never has, but I don't really need it.

Here are some photos from my Hencam:
This winter:

From just now:

To see the henhouse you need to look through some hardware cloth, as my run can be split in 2.
The globe is a little dusty right now, but still is fun! love my hencam!
wee.gif

Lizzie failed to report for coop lock up tonight. A quick check found her inside the hollow tree!

Tomorrow I will trying to put a cage around the tree.

June 30th babies!
How will the babies get out of the tree?

@I Love Layers I like the last two hutches, they look sturdier. :)
I get to meet MinnieChickMama today! Leaving shortly for the trip - we're going to hang out in Zumbrota for a couple hours, too.
Oh how fun, say
ya.gif
Hi from us
big_smile.png
. need some photos if you are picking up chickens!

Last edited:
Yep. The DH pulled into the driveway, picked up some building stuff and was pulling out when I went to check on Tom making such a racket. I did not mention that the other day the DH made it to his truck safely. I walked over toward the parking pad because Tom was mad! As the DH is pulling out with the truck Tom is kicking the back tire! Incredible!

Frozen strawberries and blueberries in muffin tins (left overs from my baking morning this past week) and have been putting them outside today in their water. Of course they are loving that. I am going to do some for the dogs too.

Yep. The DH pulled into the driveway, picked up some building stuff and was pulling out when I went to check on Tom making such a racket. I did not mention that the other day the DH made it to his truck safely. I walked over toward the parking pad because Tom was mad! As the DH is pulling out with the truck Tom is kicking the back tire! Incredible!

Frozen strawberries and blueberries in muffin tins (left overs from my baking morning this past week) and have been putting them outside today in their water. Of course they are loving that. I am going to do some for the dogs too.
What a naughty chicken.

I like the idea of muffin sized ice cubes with goodies in them. I may need to rethink my boring frozen gatorade bottles.

Back
Top Bottom