The Honey Factory

Pics
I have a different feeder I used, but I took it away as they stopped using it, sort of. The guy helping me said it was time to take it out. They were filling every cell with the stuff.

They were doing well for about a month without it when they started to go backwards..

But I have faith there will be thousandsof eggs and new sealed brood Sunday when I look.

I am thinking fluorescent orange spray paint should make the queen easy to see.

Lol... you must have been 30 seconds too late... I just took them on parade through the house, and put them in the crib, right after I typed... maybe tomorrow.... or maybe I’ll wake them for Kiki pajama dance party or whatever that turned into 😉
I happen to know you got a nice pair of pjs for Christmas.
You better go put them on! 😂

I have a different feeder I used, but I took it away as they stopped using it, sort of. The guy helping me said it was time to take it out. They were filling every cell with the stuff.

They were doing well for about a month without it when they started to go backwards..

But I have faith there will be thousandsof eggs and new sealed brood Sunday when I look.

I am thinking fluorescent orange spray paint should make the queen easy to see.

Have I mentioned All beeking is local... and I hate giving beek advice... lol

The feeder design is just worked for me because it held volume and was a top feeder ... low disturbance...

I have 3 other feeder designs that all work.... but this one is the one I would recommend...

But plenty of others will work.,.

... but constant 1:1 in hive, to build packages is what works for me.... more directly 1:1 helps build new comb

I’m sure others have other tips-tricks-ideas... but this is what had worked for me

I happen to know you got a nice pair of pjs for Christmas.
You better go put them on! 😂

Too warm for that... I got my storm britches cued up for after bath time... since we’ve got weather brewing’, and incase me and lady zark hafta pack the kittens and turkey (and it’s bff) in the ‘fancy-mobile’ and head for some place safe like ...??? South Dakota?

Too warm for that... I got my storm britches cued up for after bath time... since we’ve got weather brewing’, and incase me and lady zark hafta pack the kittens and turkey (and it’s bff) in the ‘fancy-mobile’ and head for some place safe like ...??? South Dakota?
Oh my. That would be an ordeal.
Packing up the Mrs. Is always a challenge. 😂

Oh my. That would be an ordeal.
Packing up the Mrs. Is always a challenge. 😂

I suspect she’s got a ‘bug out bag’ squirreled away in case I tip over sniffing bee hives one night...

I think the kittens are safe no matter... the turkey needs me to be alive still... so I got it between me and an insurance claim... which is a comfort... I guess?🥴

Last edited:
I suspect she’s got a ‘bug out bug’ squirreled away in case I tip over sniffing bee hives one night...

I think the kittens are safe no matter... the turkey needs me to be alive still... so I got it between me and an insurance claim... which is a comfort... I guess?🥴
For now. ;)

:lau:gig:lau:gig

Back
Top Bottom