By a few drops, I mean about 2 tablespoons, but I'm not measuring, it takes about a month to go through an entire bottle if you use it consistently every day.
Without measuring the initial pH and the end pH, you have no idea what you are actually doing to the water. If you have really hard water that may not much of a difference.

By saying you are only adding a few drops when you are adding 2 tablespoons, you are misleading people about what you are doing. There is a huge difference between a drop and a tablespoon.

I understand the difference between a drop and a tablespoon. I'm not attempting to mislead people, I was trying to explain that I don't have measured amounts, or specific dates, I tip the bottle, let a tablespoon or 2 drip out, and then I'm done. My chickens are happy and healthy, and haven't had any health issues.

Edit: my waterer is about 5 gallons. I also add tea and garlic to their water.

I understand the difference between a drop and a tablespoon. I'm not attempting to mislead people, I was trying to explain that I don't have measured amounts, or specific dates, I tip the bottle, let a tablespoon or 2 drip out, and then I'm done. My chickens are happy and healthy, and haven't had any health issues.

Out of interest, do your chickens also have access to plain water? Or only water with ACV, tea and garlic added?

It always has ACV in it, they have always had that added in, Tea is added about once a month. Garlic is added occasionally, usually they just eat it after some time, so about a 1/4 clove a month.

Edit: My rooster likes to drink out of puddles. But he is fine drinking ACV water as well.

I do not add anything to the water. All of my poultry are healthy without the unnecessary additives.

One thing for sure - adding acv to the water keeps slime for forming on the side of the container in hot weather - if I am going on a fishing trip for a couple days I put a couple containers of water in the coop with some ace in the water and when I come home the water is still fresh

ACV can affect a hens ability to absorb sufficient calcium in times of heat stress so it should not be given in the heat of summer. Instead an electrolyte solution can be offered.

Personally I've never added anything to my girls water.

This link has a vet's perspective on the topic: https://the-chicken-chick.com/make-raw-apple-cider-vinegar-acv-with/

I’ve never added acv to my chickens water and they lay perfect large eggs. It’s not proven to work and can honestly do more harm than good. I have 4 2 week old chicks and none of them have had pasty butt or any other issues and they have normal water. I’d rather listen to actually scientific advice rather than some random person who appears to keep spamming youtube video links about chickens while at the exact same time asking basic questions about chicken care.

Back
Top Bottom