Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Everyone does things differently, and I'm hoping someone else will chime in on this, but I would say, yes. Plan on using individual pens for both hens and cocks. But remember that hens of the same hatch often can be kept together just fine. And that OG's mature very slowly, so you can most often keep everyone from a same hatch, stags and pullets, together for eight + months. Until they really turn game.

Thanks for the info
smile.png

Josh,
I raise O Shamo and I have to separate my birds. I have either breeding pairs and trios and they are housed in a 12x20 coop with 4x8 coops inside and a 4x12 run out side. I have built my pens where they cant see each other through the wire or they will fight. I brood the chicks from the same hatch together until the stags start to show aggression towards each other. The pullets are fine if they are raised up together. There are exceptions will all OG's and Shamo mature very slowly. What ages are you wanting to get?

Nate

I'm planning on getting chicks but not till feb the earliest. So This winter I was going to work on their coops. I have 20x20 room what I have been remodeling for my OG chickens theat im planning on getting. I was just needing help finding out more about how i should be building my coop.

I have bought these fowl from reputable breeders. Guy Koch(oldcowboy) is one of the 2 breeders I have bought from. The spangled white stag is only 6 months old and the 2 hens in the pictures are 8 months old. The bbr are a 2 year old trio are absolutely massive bids the cock weighs around 12 lbs. The only thing I do not like about the cock is the comb. It is a little large in my opinion. Other than that he is a stout bird. The spangled stag has a great body frame especially for his age.
Nate

Nate,

I don't now Mr Koch and don't want to rain on your parade. What did Mr. Koch raise Shamo for? What lines did he say they were from?

Here are some excellent examples of O and Chu Shamo for you to visually compare.

http://www.hint-horoz.de/photo-galerie/photos-anderer-kaempferzuechter/julia-keeling-gb.html

Good luck with your birds.

Back
Top Bottom