Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Well I dont know what breed, so let say they are oriental,from the looks of things they are very young, and I think the darker bird looks to be a young stag, more forward comb, and curved tail feathers. But it would for sure not be the first time i was wrong!......Seems like you would have somebody checking around the hood for them!! Pretty birds!

Sadly a fox must have got to them during the night because when I went outside in the morning the darker one was left headless and I haven't seen the other one since. Thanks for the comments though, I wouldn't mind getting into chicken keeping in the future and I'd be quite keen to get a few of these breed, they had a great behaviour and were really quite interesting looking. RIP

Sadly a fox must have got to them during the night because when I went outside in the morning the darker one was left headless and I haven't seen the other one since. Thanks for the comments though, I wouldn't mind getting into chicken keeping in the future and I'd be quite keen to get a few of these breed, they had a great behaviour and were really quite interesting looking. RIP
where are you located? those girls looked to be well kept atleast to my eye... most fowl runnin free here looks like a stray dog would... mangy!!!

Near Windsor in England, I think they must have escaped from some guys collection because the local policeman said there have been quite a few reports of stray chickens around

wierd if a small predator got them; our babies keep our two dogs at bay, already striking at htem or flying up, and they are only two months old...

Back
Top Bottom