Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

any opinions on this 2 year old Malay? He's at this chicken rescue near me apparently he was found in a drug dealers basement by police

any opinions on this 2 year old Malay? He's at this chicken rescue near me apparently he was found in a drug dealers basement by police
He is pea-combed. A Malay has a Strawberry comb or at least a Walnut comb per the German standard.He also has too long a tail for a Malay. My guess is generic Oriental [cross-breed] that the Hmong raise to play with and eat. As a generic Oriental game all I would fault him for is his crow-head. As a pet he should do well getting you acquainted with the Oriental game personality if that is what you were thinking. Tom

As Tom said, you got some Hmong meat birds there, which are basically mostly a Thai variant, but since you got clearly have two birds that are too old to be able to reach each other, and clearly not game, that's what makes em meat birds. They are not Asil or Malay.

Thanks! If I were to show him in 4h or small shows would I put him at a cross breed or could I put him as an aseel?
Using ASOP weights 6lbs. 10oz.is the upper limit for an Aseel cock. The lower limit on a Shamo cock is 8lbs. 12 oz. My guess is his weight will fall between them so weigh him and go with the breed he is closest to. I doubt any judge will disqualify him on his weight. good luck, Tom

Thanks! I don't think I'm going to get them now. The rescue is only willing to adopt him out with his brother who has a surpressed immune system and needs shots and meds all the time. Any Malay breeders? I've always wanted some but they are Soooo expensive. I'm in 4h and can only do eggs.

Back
Top Bottom