Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I'm going to guess that he'll finish out between 3 and 4 lbs by the time he is two years old. If you really want the bantams you could get a small hen and put this fellow over her. It might still take a generation or two but that would retain his blood in the line. He is just an excellent looking bird.
Nice. I will try him over a small hen. Thank you for the advise and compliment.

plz help me, i have 8 oriental/asil chicks. they are 15 days old and all are ok perfectly fine. and their feathers are superb but one chick just grow only primary feathers, his/her not growing secondary feathers not a single one. chick is hyper active, eating food well, everything is good except feathers. all chicks are ok and all grow both primary secondary feathers.
im attaching his pictures also his sibling.

Sibling

both together and u can compare them.

but Saladin, is it normal? when he will grow his/her secondary feathers? and one more thing can u tell me whats their adult feather's color? at this age they all black & white, same as father.

This is my first pair of orientals, and I'm still reveling over the thickness of their legs, and how surprising heavy they are, especially the pullet! Much heavier than the wyandottes I've had. I suppose they lack the 'fluff' of wyandottes, and have much more muscle mass. The cockerel is a rather friendly soul (to humans. Other roosters, not so much, which is to be expected, I know). I put the string around his leg so I could keep him in a relatively contained area while I photographed him, and he was very good-natured about the whole ordeal. He will come to me and allow me to pick him up without much fuss. The pullet is a different story, very nervous and flighty. The cockerel also got the top of his comb nipped by frostbite (first time since I've had chickens that I've had to deal with frostbite here in SC..that polar vortex overstayed its welcome). I love their colors, and individual personalities. I know I've mentioned this before, but their intelligence far surpasses my other birds.

This is one of my OShamo stags from 2013. He is going on 10 months. He is showing the structure I am working to continue breeding towards.

Back
Top Bottom