Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I am new to shamos having raised them for only 3 years. We asked a friend who was traveling to Japan to get some photos of shamos there, not ever expecting that he would find any. The man he was doing business with had these in his back yard! The closest thing I have to those birds is a Ronnie Proffit bloodline male. (second photo) We put him with some Will Roberts line hens. Had to add a couple of pics of their offspring too. Last photo shows cross of that male's sisters with a dom rooster.
(left) Shamos in Japan!
(left) Our male with one of Roberts line hens (below) Their offspring
From dom rooster and Proffit line females. 4 months old.

This is what I got when I crossed My Ko Shamo Cock with My little Spangled Asil hen. I guess you could call them Mini Asil or Mini Shamo. I lost the Ko Shamo cock that sired them a few weeks ago. I like the looks of them and I am going to keep the line going. I will get some spangled out of the next generation from them.

This is what I got when I crossed My Ko Shamo Cock with My little Spangled Asil hen. I guess you could call them Mini Asil or Mini Shamo. I lost the Ko Shamo cock that sired them a few weeks ago. I like the looks of them and I am going to keep the line going. I will get some spangled out of the next generation from them.

I like them too, they are good looking little birds! Best of luck with them!

The cockerels were raised up together and I never had any problems with them fighting each other. They do fight other cocks that run loose through the wire on the outside of the pens.

Back
Top Bottom