Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I think they're really good looking birds.

But folks are too quick to start giving things names, I know, it feels better that way. But they are not Mini Asil, really nor Mini Shamo, they are KOxAsil. They don't even have shamo blood in them, Ko are a separate breed than real shamo. Although with Bantam Shamo being an American creation through crossing different breeds and solely for show qualities, I don't see a problem trying to create Bantam Shamo with them. But nothing should be called as a certain something until it is set and breeds true, giving consistent desired results. Now Asil by definition should be 1. game and 2. "thoroughbred." Of course, some people don't care about pheno or genotype. A shame I think, but oh well, to each their own.
People are going to think that was an "attack," but it wasn't, I'm just feeling reved up and ready to go with nothing to do tonight! You just were the instigation and your projects were the subjects of my analogies, but that wasn't so much aimed at you, mcrooke, just what got me up on my soapbox! Believe it or not.
BTW, unless that Asil hen was really a KOxCornish cross (lol, I'm kidding), I'd think you should have problems eventually with them fighting at 50% asil. They are young yet, so just keep an eye on them.

Again, I think they are awesome looking birds really, and I'm sure they have great personalities.

Last edited:

Hadn't put any pics on in a long time. Thought I'd put a few if the girls on.

hi i bought this pullet and rooster. anybody can tell me what breed are they? asil breed type? i want to get some chicks from this pair .thx

Back
Top Bottom