Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I was wondering what the weight, size, proportion etc are on these birds? Unique breed features? Just have only seen references to them but not a lot on them. :)

I am still not in a position to even have a utility breed or bantam ornamental... I could probably get away with 2-3 little hens, but not now that hubby is fighting bone cancer, all my extra energy is going towards that plus I have got to keep anything that he could contract away from him as his immune system is compromised, not easy my job has me exposed to all sorts of diseases from around the globe via the disease vector known as children at work.

So, just drooling over everyone's birds and when I need to relax learning something new on chicken genetics. The chibis seem really nice from the photo, they look solid to my untrained eye.

I am also taking the time to learn about breeds that I have not owned and more about ones I have owned in the past. Improve my behavior understanding as well. I am a little less baffled over all the problems the utility bird people seem to be having with breeds that I kept in the past and never had problems with, I am beginning to suspect they have created behavior issues in their flocks and their birds would have been mellow if they had done a few things different. I am beginning to see repeating patterns in coop design, size, nesting box design, feed, number of birds to space and number of roosters to hens... I am no expert but there is defenitly seems to be repeatable patterns that equal specific problems. So still in research mode... as I can't have any birds yet... sigh. :(

Anyhow hope you all are doing well.

Picked up these last night. Guy said they were asil. I know to most people that's a large classification.
Anyone have an idea what he is?

Neighbors were complaining to the guy so he was selling out got both for $75....
Almost felt bad.
And hes GAME.... got loose and started killing stags.... so strait to brood pen

The tail set is really high in the top pic. The head looks great though. I'd say Brazillian? Nice find, and good luck

Back
Top Bottom