Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I'm starting off with these birds that all came from a clutch of RA Thomas X Wahl Asils. I'm not sure if I should breed for the blacks or the bbreds. The pullets are black with white speckles on top of their heads abd white in their wings.

Last edited:
Swampfoot blacks take a whole lot. Of work and culling but when u get thm rught u would b amazed at the interest from many who werent as dedicated as you like i said takes a lot of work but so worth it when u are one of the ony peoplre with them .!!!!!!!!

From what the breeder said, the black comes more from the broodcock's Ra Thomas side, the Wahl is responsible for the white. White is hard to get rid of, but I have an even more difficult time getting spangled chickens the way I want them. The black stag is still sporting biddie feathers, but I'm seeing a brassy color showing up in his hackles and saddles. I'm more interested in breeding the smaller, black stag because he has the body that I like, white eyes, and a really good personality. I've had birds carrying a spangled gene start out as red stags or partiage pullets that molt and turn out with more white by year two, so I'm not sure what to expect. There wasn't a bird on his yard that looked like him as far as color, just one brother from a previous clutch that i wish i could have took a pic of; same body type and stuff, but he was black and white for the most part. They all show good asil characteristics, except the eyes aren't lightening up in the red stag. This is my first time with Asils, so it's a venture and I'm expecting a challenge.. Since I'm just working with four siblings, I am going to let them both have clutches. I'm also putting the American Game grey hen with the red larger stag, because I'm curious about the cross.

From what the breeder said, the black comes more from the broodcock's Ra Thomas side, the Wahl is responsible for the white. White is hard to get rid of, but I have an even more difficult time getting spangled chickens the way I want them. The black stag is still sporting biddie feathers, but I'm seeing a brassy color showing up in his hackles and saddles. I'm more interested in breeding the smaller, black stag because he has the body that I like, white eyes, and a really good personality. I've had birds carrying a spangled gene start out as red stags or partiage pullets that molt and turn out with more white by year two, so I'm not sure what to expect. There wasn't a bird on his yard that looked like him as far as color, just one brother from a previous clutch that i wish i could have took a pic of; same body type and stuff, but he was black and white for the most part. They all show good asil characteristics, except the eyes aren't lightening up in the red stag. This is my first time with Asils, so it's a venture and I'm expecting a challenge.. Since I'm just working with four siblings, I am going to let them both have clutches. I'm also putting the American Game grey hen with the red larger stag, because I'm curious about the cross.
It's a cross that I have done and it produces beautiful 4lbs birds.

Back
Top Bottom