Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Yeah that is not a pure Thai.. maybe crossed with Thai but I would guess about a 1/4 or less..

If he is good quality and produces good offspring than he is a keeper, but I wouldn't go around calling him a Thai. I am sure somebody on here has a good Thai stag/cock that can share a picture.

OK.Now I'm mad.I was assured he was pure Thai.Not having a clue what a Thai was,and liking the looks of him as a stag I foolishly bought and bred him.For what that cock cost me,I'll be talking to the man he was bought from.
I'm still going to breed him,just have to call them by a different name.

One of these days.............I will have the oriental stag of my dreams. I've been watching this thread and others for a couple years and had my mind set on an oriental much longer than that. Until recently, I simply had far too many birds (layers) to bring a good stag into this area. I've always had space, just not time to devote to a special bird. The right bird would make me a very happy man.

I know it sounds crazy but I will soon 'deal' on what I want.

RON
I support your dream! LOL

I support your dream! LOL

thumbsup.gif
Thank you!

thumbsup.gif
Thank you!
You're welcome....

I have been trying to figure out what direction I would go if I could have a rooster... I like long tails specifically Sumatra & Yokohama & from the game end I like Tuzo & Koshamos (oh hell I like them all). It's hard as I really like all sorts of different chickens...

Any way dream on, I'm right there with you. LOL some day I will have a rooster!

You're welcome....

I have been trying to figure out what direction I would go if I could have a rooster... I like long tails specifically Sumatra & Yokohama & from the game end I like Tuzo & Koshamos (oh hell I like them all). It's hard as I really like all sorts of different chickens...

Any way dream on, I'm right there with you. LOL some day I will have a rooster!

There are about 5 types that I really like. The bird just above this post would do, ....very nicely!!!
love.gif

Tuzo Stag and Pullet

thumbsup.gif
Super nice little Tuzos! Will they be mated as a pair?
thumbsup.gif

I have heard some people say that the orientals aren't edible or only fit for soup

. I have some stags here that are getting to the penning stage and not quite making the cut and I've been slowly working them in the freezer. Tried a few in the oven. Delectable I tell you. You just have to remember and age them a little in the fridge, they are 5 month old not 8 week old broiler chickens. Check out this little butterball, 1/4 American Game 1/4 Ga Noi. 1/2 Asil. Nice carcass for a bird that has been rummaging around in the pasture and catching bugs.
highfive.gif
That looks Great!
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom