Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

i got a black, chocolate ,& sorta blue one shamo, the other blue in front is a american game[my avatar is the dad to the blue] i had3 more that dident make it out of the shell,i hope i get a nice cock out of these.
thanks

At first I thought she would gradually gain weight and fill out. She never did. I found her coloration and the lack of a comb and wattles to be very interesting. The copper marans,three males were from eBay eggs. Two of the males were picture perfect examples of the breed. One's color was a tad dark and he was longer in the legs. He still LOOKED like maran though.

Last edited:
From an economic stand point the orientals are a waste of money. Very few eggs and they take too long to get to process weight.That having been said,I care NOT. Anyone who is not fascinated by these birds is really missing out. The history behind these birds,and their contributions to other breeds is a true wonder.

Those are some big boys... I never see those hybrids before, usually people frown upon mixing games with layer/meat breeds... I think its cool to see what is possible though. And interesting that they are more layed back... most people would have guessed the opposite. You got any more pictures that are more clear, showing size and conformation better?; like this Rhode Island Red X American Game cross I accidently produced last year?
IMG:

Back
Top Bottom