Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

From an economic stand point the orientals are a waste of money. Very few eggs and they take too long to get to process weight.That having been said,I care NOT. Anyone who is not fascinated by these birds is really missing out. The history behind these birds,and their contributions to other breeds is a true wonder.
They are amazing... from an economic standpoint they are pretty good considering they sell for a lot of money. Meat and eggs not so much. Although my big Modern/Malay hen laid two eggs in one day yesterday, averaging about 4 a week.

Im new to this I got some birds last year sold to me by ko shamo, what do you think?

Last edited:
JShubin,I find it VERY difficult to let my birds go. I get asked all the time. I just can't bring myself to do it.
I regret selling every bird too. I want to keep them all. They are like my babies. When I do "sell" them its usually giving them away to best possible home I could find for them... This is the reason why I have so many. I can give them the best home in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom