Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Many of the old timers rarely have too buy a bird. They have proven themselves and their abilities to do the birds justice, and they are given birds that wouldn't even be for sale to the public. And how did the old timers get to that point? Lots of years and hard work, and some luck.
X2!!
thumbsup.gif

Asil pullet enjoying the sunshine and grass with her 4 chicks, 7 days old today. A good hen sure beats a brooder. I have another who has hatched 3/7 today. Fingers crossed on the other 4. These are a Grey cock over red hens.

Anybody know the quality of these birds? I found them on Craigslist. The guy said they are Saipans. Any thoughts? Think they could be a good buy?

These aren't my birds, but they look like nice Saipans and since the guy is selling them for a reasonable price I'm thinking about buying them. However, I wanted the opinions of you experts before I began to get serious.

~Gresh~

Not crazy about the tail set on the boy.... supposed to be "below horizontal", but I like his face.
The girls, I can't really tell, they also look like they have the upright tails.
But it's something....

The birds look beautiful, the male especially is nice and upright and well muscled and all, but yeah, that tail really is irksome. Saipans are pretty rare honestly, what you have may likely be some sort of cross, who knows. Beautiful birds but that tail angle is indeed not wanted for any Oriental.

Anybody know the quality of these birds? I found them on Craigslist. The guy said they are Saipans. Any thoughts? Think they could be a good buy?

These aren't my birds, but they look like nice Saipans and since the guy is selling them for a reasonable price I'm thinking about buying them. However, I wanted the opinions of you experts before I began to get serious.

~Gresh~
They look a little narrow too to me, but given that pretty much every Saipan bird you find is hatchery stock; what can one expect? Regardless I think they are still some nice looking birds, if I had a use for them I could see getting them.

Back
Top Bottom