Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Gallo,

Nice looking combo you got there. He has nice thick legs buddy.

I remember you like playing mad scientist with your fowl :D What's his make up?

You guys are scaring me with all this talk of projects and a "game" chicken flying in your face. You better listen to Walt and try to get on the right track. I would soup all that crossed up and mean stuff and try to learn something about breeding gamefowl. Anybody can put a rooster over a hen and make chicks, but a breeder is a different story...........Pop

SD_PAULO
i got a pair from a game fowl Breeder, he told me they are large Aseel
he its not full grown yet since oriental take 2 years to be full grown
he liked my sumatras crosses so we did a trade a pair of mines for a pair of his
they have the lobster tail Im very happy with this pair

Last edited:
My Sumatra Trio...2 year old cock...(2) pullets...and the big one to the left is a Giant Sumatra hen (not using her to "IMPROVE" my Sumatras), just making some 3/4 Sumatra 1/4 Giant for my "Black" project.

Sorry I didn't take care of his long tail better....

LL

in the foreground of the pic above going to the back are a young FM pair (should start laying any time....), then my Sumatras, then blue and black Giant chicks, Black Copper Marans and Giant Sumatra F2 chicks, the 4th pen contains a Giant Sumatra F1 pair and the blue blond colored FM hen.

900x900px-LL-e39d5aaa_05101242.jpeg

Crappy pics...someday I'll get a better camera...

SD_PAULO
i got a pair from a game fowl Breeder, he told me they are large Aseel
he its not full grown yet since oriental take 2 years to be full grown
he liked my sumatras crosses so we did a trade a pair of mines for a pair of his
they have the lobster tail Im very happy with this pair

Gotcha! He does look Asil. Looks like he might have some thing else going only because of the short wattles.
I take nothing away from your bird as he is still nice looking and is still growing out.

This is a somewhat touchy subject but pure Asil, for the most part, dont have wattles.

I hope he grows out to be a beast for you buddy!

You guys are scaring me with all this talk of projects and a "game" chicken flying in your face. You better listen to Walt and try to get on the right track. I would soup all that crossed up and mean stuff and try to learn something about breeding gamefowl. Anybody can put a rooster over a hen and make chicks, but a breeder is a different story...........Pop

Words of wisdom! That I am sure will unfortunately mostly fall on deaf ears.

Thanks Pop and Walt

at do you think of this Asil hen's wing set. What is the standard for Asil's. I feel thet if they cross then they are too high. But then I have no showing exp. She is a great mom, but I hink I really need to watch her chicks for this. Any advice would be appreciated. I have 6 chicks from her and hope I can keep some winners. Thanks. Blaine

I know what you mean, Pop! I do NOT like mixing my bloodlines, NOR do I like a mean rooster. I know, in a sense, it can be nature... But I will not keep nor breed a rooster that continuously attacks me. Roosters like Dude are the perfect example. He was easy to train, and is easy to handle. As are all of my clarets and other game fowl... I don't want to be nervous about going into a pen with a rooster, or be unable to turn my back on one.

Back
Top Bottom