Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I concur, first hand, with Walt. Mrs. Chungs, JK line of Oshamo are very true to form. The best part is they are also big ole lap dogs too.

Well you have seen them in person. Just noticed that you also raise some sissy birds......hahahaha....... Marans, AM's etc.

You need to go to the Ventura show in Oct. They have a good gamebird show there along with the regular show. Suzann puts it on.

Walt

Well you have seen them in person. Just noticed that you also raise some sissy birds......hahahaha....... Marans, AM's etc.

You need to go to the Ventura show in Oct. They have a good gamebird show there along with the regular show. Suzann puts it on.

Walt

Ahh, Walt that was a low blow. LOL!

I have seen the Grandfather and his is impressive to say the least. A true beast of a bird. I am fortunate to have his grandson. My kids call him T-Rex, or Rex for short. He was the tallest of the hatch and at 4 months 31" at a lazy station.

First hand... Noah(my 2yrold) and a Rex (at 3 months) becoming buddies!!!

I have another question. I'm seriously considering getting rid of all my chickens in favor of a pair or trio of orientals that I can free range. So my ? is, are the shamo really so big that it makes it worth keeping them in favor of some small asils or tuzos? I mean, they take more room and eat a lot more. So how big are they compared to say a RIR rooster or the such? 'Cause I wanted some shamo because of their looks, temperament and size, but if they aren't really THAT big, then I would be happy with a smaller breed like the tuzo. Unfortunantly I've never seen an oriental in person, and never seen a pic with them next to another breed, but that's understandable, lol.
Thanks in advance,

I have another question. I'm seriously considering getting rid of all my chickens in favor of a pair or trio of orientals that I can free range. So my ? is, are the shamo really so big that it makes it worth keeping them in favor of some small asils or tuzos? I mean, they take more room and eat a lot more. So how big are they compared to say a RIR rooster or the such? 'Cause I wanted some shamo because of their looks, temperament and size, but if they aren't really THAT big, then I would be happy with a smaller breed like the tuzo. Unfortunantly I've never seen an oriental in person, and never seen a pic with them next to another breed, but that's understandable, lol.
Thanks in advance,
I wasn't gonna run my mouth on this subject, but I can't resist. Shamos are big birds, for the most part. They run from around 8lbs to well over twelve sometimes. Tenacity is their middle name once they reach maturity. Until then, Julia Keeling (The Shamo Lady on the Isle of Mann) calls them "Big Puddings". As good as they are, I got rid of mine to make room for my Asils. Asils are special birds in ways that cannot be explained. Your best route would be to find a show, or a breeder close to you and look at them. To me it's a no brainer to replace everything in the yard with a pair of Asils, but that's just my passion. You should make up your own mind.......Pop

Back
Top Bottom