The Honey Factory

I'm trying to find some Jerusalem Artichokes near me to buy, and see if I like them. If I were to grow them for the bees, I'd plant a patch of them out in the field. See if they can win against brome grass. I sure can't.
You have broom grass too up there? - The dux and the mallards love it! They build nests inside the larger patches.

up here i have never seen plants for sale on amazon (Canada version) also i don't think we can bring plants over the border due to invasive species laws and protections.
I could not believe you, where there's money to earn...
1710782254884.png

It seems to be a bit expensive and i'm not sure if these are tubers or seeds, but below is the link for amazon.ca. Just search for "jerusalem artichoke"…
https://www.amazon.ca/Potseed-Germi...87&sprefix=jerusalem+artichoke,aps,111&sr=8-4

You have broom grass too up there? - The dux and the mallards love it! They build nests inside the larger patches.
No broom. LOTS of brome. If I didn't have to fight brome, my garden weeding would be 50% less. Very invasive, very tenacious. The stolons can run up to 3 feet or more.

I wish I could roll up the sod at the perimeter of the garden and unroll it in the chicken run. They would know what to do with brome grass.

No broom. LOTS of brome. If I didn't have to fight brome, my garden weeding would be 50% less. Very invasive, very tenacious. The stolons can run up to 3 feet or more.

I wish I could roll up the sod at the perimeter of the garden and unroll it in the chicken run. They would know what to do with brome grass.
I have dug the grass out in sections in the garden and relocated elsewhere such as in the guinea pen. I have also used some to fill in holes that happen every spring when I dig up plants and trees that I give away.

I am flattened! There's broom- and brome-gras and they're different:
Here its definitely broom-grass, actually i have used some of the dry grass to make an improvised hand broom to clean out the dux' vacation-home. Problem with the broom-grass is that it forms clumps that can break the weed-wacker...

Back
Top Bottom