What did you make from your garden today?

I did some smoked pork butt eggrolls with my pak choi, green onions carrots and some bean sprouts. I also made egg drop soup hot and sour style with my eggs, crushed red Joe's long red Italian cayenne, shredded Napa and green onions and some firm tofu. I used a quick Wonton soup base today for the broth with a splash of fish sauce, soy sauce and rice vinegar. A good chicken stock is good for this, instead of the wonton base, with the addition of soy and fish sauces, sliced ginger. I sweetened this recipe and made it spicey hot with cayenne that demands more vinegar twang as well, but make this according to taste and it is good without the cayenne , rice vinegar or sugar and I make it that way often.
Omg! That sounds amazing!

I made a frittata today. The only things from my garden were the onions and garlic. And my chickens made the eggs. :)

I used swiss chard in the frittata today, and sauteed the cut up stems with the other "hard" vegetables. I added the green leafy part at the very end of the sauteeing, as I would with spinach.

I am so looking forward to my garden this summer! I plan to grow a lot of chard.
And if you let some go to seed you will have what my neighbor Bernie calls “self propelled” chard.

I had an idea that worked out well. I used home canned tomato juice to make spaghetti today. I cooked the noodles in the tomato juice. This absorbed some of the liquid making it sauce. I added my homemade Italian dry herb mix. A little salt and a little sugar. No need to boil juice for hours to make sauce.
I've used a quart of home canned tomatoes to cook rice. Delicious!

Do eggs count?
1000035756.jpg

:p

Back
Top Bottom