What did you make from your garden today?

Pics

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
I follow the “What did you do in your garden today” thread, and the “Whatcha Making for supper” thread. I thought it would be cool for those of us who have gardens to share recipes and meals that we are making seasonally to give others some inspiration for food ideas!

Today at lunch I did not want *another* salad. I chopped an onion, small zucchini, and pepper, sautéed in oil, added kale and an egg and cooked til the onion was starting to carmelize. Delicious, healthy & filling!

What are you making from your garden today? 😊

I got my very FIRST produce from the garden today! :weeA bowlful of cherry tomatoes, 6 bell peppers, and a basketful of jalapenos for making salsa (hurry up, tomatoes!!!) Dumped them on the kitchen counter, ate one still warm bell pepper and a handful of cherry tomatoes. YUM!! Then the grandkids came over for a visit - and everything except the jalapenos are already gone! LOL :clap

DH had a huge salad with three tomatoes in it. LOL. All I grow is tomatoes, horseradish, onions, grapes, and blackberries.
Tomatoes…I can’t wait for tomatoes!
I got my very FIRST produce from the garden today! :weeA bowlful of cherry tomatoes, 6 bell peppers, and a basketful of jalapenos for making salsa (hurry up, tomatoes!!!
Hooray!

Tonight was pesto veggie pizza... crust made via king arthur website. It was tasty with all the peppers, onions, and basil from my garden

Would've been Margherita pizza but oye my tomatoes are grumpy!
I also made bluberry galette via smitten kitchen (https://smittenkitchen.com/2016/07/blackberry-cheesecake-galette/)
Deb(smitten kitchen) has epic summer veggie recipes.

Back
Top Bottom