Pics
Sound plans!

I'm hoping to do a 10x16 or 10x20 shead or something for incubating/hatching/brooding with grow out pens attached. Might do two actual pens attached as well. It all depends on how big the shed is. Will be adding better shelter to my open air pens so I can move away from tarps.
Now we looked again and came up with an independent shed behind the coop where the woodpile is. It would have four runs comeing out the front of it, 3' wide and 10 - 12' long, with separate hutches for each inside with a metal or wooden slide to secure them at night. A 3' aisle in for us in the middle, then the two brooders on the right. So that evolved into a 10' x 12' coop. A lot of work but it wouldn't be for until next spring/summer.

Debbie today we have to trim around the eyes of one of the little black silkies we got from you. They are so spoiled now it is hard to believe. They charge me like mini raging bulls when it's treat time. I'm still learning from them. Hope they are learning a little from us. The blue satin is especially friendly now and looks like a lap kid in the making.

Last edited:
I have a dilemma.

I have a bunch of pictures to post, but first, let me get insight from you all until I post this in the Silkie forum on Facebook for the know-it-alls to tell me I have a garbage bird or something. You know I don't particularly care for NNs, but did say I'd most likely keep any that were hens, as I have 3 of them here atm. The oldest, a NN cuckoo, turned into a roo. I think he's pretty spectacular in that he's got an orange poofy thing on his head that reminds me of that creature on the movie Alien, and he's got green in a couple of his feathers, like really bright green.

I don't want to keep any males of NNs, but I want to make sure I won't regret selling him. He's just 4 months old.

NN cuckoo2.JPEG

NN cuckoo.JPEG

To show you also a NN I would keep, I'm posting the little paint I actually think is adorable and I think will be a hen. She's only 2 months old though.

Here she is with Blueboy, the bachelor rooster that hangs out with all the young chicks and looks out for them, finds them food, etc.
paint NN with blueboy.JPEG

Paint NN.JPEG

I have a dilemma.

I have a bunch of pictures to post, but first, let me get insight from you all until I post this in the Silkie forum on Facebook for the know-it-alls to tell me I have a garbage bird or something. You know I don't particularly care for NNs, but did say I'd most likely keep any that were hens, as I have 3 of them here atm. The oldest, a NN cuckoo, turned into a roo. I think he's pretty spectacular in that he's got an orange poofy thing on his head that reminds me of that creature on the movie Alien, and he's got green in a couple of his feathers, like really bright green.

I don't want to keep any males of NNs, but I want to make sure I won't regret selling him. He's just 4 months old.

View attachment 3826607
View attachment 3826606

To show you also a NN I would keep, I'm posting the little paint I actually think is adorable and I think will be a hen. She's only 2 months old though.

Here she is with Blueboy, the bachelor rooster that hangs out with all the young chicks and looks out for them, finds them food, etc. View attachment 3826609
View attachment 3826610
Gorgeous birds Debbie!! :love

I have a dilemma.

View attachment 3826607
View attachment 3826606

Here she is with Blueboy, the bachelor rooster that hangs out with all the young chicks and looks out for them, finds them food, etc. View attachment 3826609
View attachment 3826610
Omg! I'd keep them both. That boy is gorgeous and she is a peach!

I have a dilemma.

View attachment 3826607
View attachment 3826606

View attachment 3826610
I would find parting with that beauty really hard. Is he causing many problems? Id have to way up the pro's and the cons

Back
Top Bottom