Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Good birds , do you have a better pic of the Puerto Rican Asils ? I've never heard of the Indian gray (is he a gray asil?) Thanks , Shannon
Some very nice Asils gentlemen. Here are a few more to highlight the great variety within the Asil communnity and there are plenty more out there. There are many to chose from so I believe it greatly depends on your personal preference. BTW- One of the last photos shows Mr. Wahl's excellent looking Asils. He does sell eggs! I have never purchased any but have heard nothing but good things regarding his Asils. Puerto Rican Asils: Argentinian Asils: (pico y patas blancas) Indian Grey: Pumkin Pakistani: Atkinsons Asil: Asil: (great neck and head structure) Mr Wahls Asils: Harris Asil: Pakistani Structual Overview: Hope you enjoyed the ASIL eye candy! ! !

UTC,

I will see if I have a better photo. You can find other pictures of Puerto Rican Asils online. You can try typing up "Boricua Asil" and see what comes up. The PR Asil, is Rajah Murgh type asil, and are aweswome birds.a The black brood hen pictured could pass for a homeland Murgh asil anyday and everyday. Most have a large dose of "Asile Argentino" Rajah, some Atkinsons, and Grey blood in the background. I believe each breeder has their combinations they prefer.

The Indian grey is a grey colored asil. But compared to other greys asils I have seen, these Indian greys are larger, bigger boned and more muscular. These have been breed this way for 25yrs on this gentlemens yard. I believe, will have to double check my notes, these come from the old "House of Gates" yard.

out of curiousity... nowadays what do peopel breed for... it seems that everyone is worried about colour...
my husband (thai) apart from liking either white or colourful, doesn give two hoots about colours but about legs, and action (obviously in thailand not illegal, here it is, but that hasnt stopped thai migrant workers for doing what they like doing)...

but i did notice that they have different combs: some long elongated combs going back over the head, and some shorter combs... and the thais seem to differentiate in legs, they are always looking at legs, and scales on teh legs, and toes, but most dont seem to botehr with colour apart from the fact that most thais hate anything black, from birds to dogs. black usually gets culled out, eaten or sold off... although three of our hens are black with that predatory red face and yellow eye look to them. one seems to have a red/brown tint to her feathers, we have one speckled and one pale brown (what they call in thai: namtan= sugar i.e. like their old fashioned palm sugar colour...

we had a white roo who died, but we got a lot of white chicks , and the white chicks were less viable or vigourous. those that survived are doing ok... but some weem to be changing colours....

we have one that seems to be barred? like a partride sort of... is that possible?
one almost black, many different brownish/reddish ones... how can we know which colour the babies will be? (colour is important to me)...
also, is there really white thai ?

Hello

Love the KOs . . . I have some myself that I have been working hard to keep good typed. Do you ever sell any of your KOs? Thank you . . you can text me at 404-502-0366

My IndianGrey Asil

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom