Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Yup, that looks like a lot of the Black Japs around here. Some folks try to call them Tuzo or Asil, but who knows. I like them either way - very smart, fast and densely muscled

They don't fight between that middle wire? How come? If not, something is wrong.

They do at times. All the Cockerels I have now have been hatched this year and are now just turning on and starting fights. I am going to have to put some kind of divider between the pens so the cockerels can't see each other and fight through the wire. They have already had several bloody combs because of fights through the wire. I had some 3ft metal screens in my large pens so my Asils could not fight through the wire but I took them down when I put my bantams in the pen. I am going to have to put them back in there.

Nice Pens and Ko Shamos. They're about as rare as Malay in my area. Here are a few of my brood pens. The pens used to be horse stalls. All 3 stalls are 8x15. I enclosed them, wired them up the side and top. I keep my roost close to the ground because my birds are so heavy. Also keep sand on the floor to lesson the impact.

Nice Pens and Ko Shamos. They're about as rare as Malay in my area. Here are a few of my brood pens. The pens used to be horse stalls. All 3 stalls are 8x15. I enclosed them, wired them up the side and top. I keep my roost close to the ground because my birds are so heavy. Also keep sand on the floor to lesson the impact.

WOW ..... first thing that popped in my mine was horse stalls . You did a great job fixing them for chickens @!! Looks like you took plenty in to consideration while planning and building .
I like it all especially the deep sand floor !!

Only now we need to see your Birds !!

Thanks

Scroll back a little to see some pics. I also have double doors. I left the big heavy duty horse stall doors on the outside and a wire door (see pic of white malay roo) on the inside. I close the heavy doors at night and open before going to work. That way they have plenty of light during the day and I can lock them up at night.

I have a couple of these pens out in the field. usually just keep a rooster or pair at most. These are easy to slide around so they get fresh grass. usually put them out in these when I break up my brood pens for season.

Outside pic of barn with brood pens.

Back
Top Bottom