Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Two of my Cornish bantams. Any thoughts.One dark the othet blue laced red
[/IMG]

Thanks Saladin, you're right she is wahl hen. Good looking bird too if I must say so. She still has some maturing to do but she definitely shows some promise.

Well I just candled the eggs just before putting them in for lock down and low and behold these did the same thing. I am beginning to think there is something genetic wrong with this pair. I am going to place the hen with a different Ko Shamo rooster and see if they are compatible. I guess I will try with the Chibi line this time. One of my cockerels is much smaller than the rest so I will try and breed for that. I have some other eggs in the incubator and they are developing fine so it must be something genetic wrong with the pairing.

Well I know it is not a problem with the incubator now. I placed 6 eggs from the Ko Shamo x Asil Modern in the incubator with the pure line of my Kos to test if it there might be a problem with the incubator. Well of coarse they are hatching. I know now that there is a genetic pairing problem and have moved my Ko hen to another Ko Shamo Male to give him a try. Hopefully I will get some of the eggs to hatch. If I can't I will just keep crossing my 1/2 Ko Shamo pullets back to my pure males over time to make a strain.

Back
Top Bottom