Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Very Nice birds !!!

What line are they ?[/quote]

This is a THAI Pullet. Her grandpa is a direct Pama import from Laos and her dad is Pama cross to our Grey ace line. Her mom is our White feet line that we have as well.

Here's the grandpa..

And here's a video of the dad.

Very Nice birds !!!

What line are they ?

This is a THAI Pullet. Her grandpa is a direct Pama import from Laos and her dad is Pama cross to our Grey ace line. Her mom is our White feet line that we have as well.

Here's the grandpa..

I like your fowl (darks , dark reds , white feet) . You have very nice pens , good set-up , nice young birds .
What is the feed you feed to them ?

Here's the grandpa..

I like your fowl (darks , dark reds , white feet) . You have very nice pens , good set-up , nice young birds .
What is the feed you feed to them ?[/quote]

All of my birds are fed gamefowl mixed feed.

Very nice birds.... bummer the Madagascar come out all pullets, but the Naked Neck gene is dominate, so the up side is you can cross them with a good stag that has qualities close to them from one of the other breeds/lines, you should get all Naked Neck with the bow tie F1 if the pullets are double Naked Neck gene carriers.

Too bad I am not allowed roosters here. :(

Very nice birds.... bummer the Madagascar come out all pullets, but the Naked Neck gene is dominate, so the up side is you can cross them with a good stag that has qualities close to them from one of the other breeds/lines, you should get all Naked Neck with the bow tie F1 if the pullets are double Naked Neck gene carriers.

Too bad I am not allowed roosters here. :(

Regardless of breed, one needs these nice pullets to produce good stags.
frow.gif

I have been studying breeding strategies, advice and genetic info, and the hen looks mighty important to me from what I have been able to read so far. I have also learned that in horses the genes consistently reproduce/break a certain way so even though a horse might have a mathematical 50% chance of passing X gene the reality is because of the tendency to only pass certain parts of the genetic code potential it might be very rare to pass that gene. Fascinating stuff genetics, don't know if this applies to chickens though, I am curious about this to see if it applies at all... can't mad science it, can't have roosters... grumble. No breeding program for me... I do fantasize about the idea of a house rooster, but I know hubby would never go for that! LOL. So living vicariously through everyone else's breeding programs... actually it is really helping me learn to see the results of breeding programs, experiments or oopsies people do on the forum.

:)

Back
Top Bottom