Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Not much information online. Feed them like the rest plus add a bit of meat protein. Some people just add cheap cat food, I like getting a better kind, but it needs to be meat based.
Why and/or would cat food be better than a higher protein dog food?

Don’t they get cold? The oldest chick is almost completely naked except for the wings (the youngest have peach fuzz) but I put them them out in the yard today in the sun with some sand and they all seemed to love it. I have had them inside with a lamp and heater plate and they still like heat. I read that naked necks (layer hens) do fine in very cold weather, but this pullet is very naked everywhere.

http://www.summagallicana.it/chatteringongallus/Jungle Fowls 1986.pdf

An interesting read on the differences of chickens with allot of study on "Malay" type.
The Pdf you included was very helpful to my ongoing search in certain characteristics of the oriental I have been trying to figure out like were did the large body long legs, hard feathers and upright Posture come from originally but most of all the short beak and head shape this pdf really shed light on these topics it took me a while to read but was worth my time that’s for sure and would suggest everybody read it if you haven’t
It looks like a lot of the traits Iv been looking at came from Gallus giganteus I am really intrigued on some of the oriental lines out there with this crazy look and want to own one of these breeds eventually that have this trait but not sure which breed to look for yet so I have been reading up as much as I can to figure out witch breed or line will have what I’m looking for I know one breed would be the Asil / long tail parrot beak asil line but I’ve seen other lines out there that even have a crazierlook to them that I like just can’t figure out what breed or line it is because it’s always in a different language I’ve tried to ask the breeders or owners the breed or line on Instagram or Facebook but can’t get a straight answer because of the language barrier I will include a picture of what I’m talking about in particular below and have a lot to ask about in regards to the long tail PBA Parrot beak asil like how they made this breed of chicken/ bird like what breeds were used for the characteristic pheno I’m seeing like their strawberry / Cushion comb it’s not like any comb iv seen and cant seem to find anything like it I only find something similar but not the same in the Yokohama or the Chantecler and the parrot beak shape it’s not the same as other asil I know the others are short yes but not this shape Iv read about vitamin deficiency Causing this and the images look very similar but I read that a lot of them die in the egg and I think this is more of a passes on characteristic that maybe passed on from the parents and not from deficiency but may have been originally but would love to hear what information you guys have on the topic

What would this comb shape be called ?

What breeds were used to create the parrot beak shape ?or where did it come from originally?

What breed did they use to create the long tail ? Was it a onigadori? Yokohama, or Phoenix line from Japan?
Iv asks some breeders from Bangladesh and some from India and they said it (PBA)was a new breed that has only been around for about 25 years and no body know what breeds / how they made this breed
Pls give your opinion and information I would love to hear
I have spoken to a Indian breeder that is in the country that said it is impossible to remake and is from India only yes I know before you say it it can not be shipped because of strict rules on bringing in birds from certain country

Pics are not mine but show what I’m talking about both are parrot beak asil but one is the long tail parrot beak if you can’t tell it’s the one with the crazy looking comb

Attachments

• 3D165B34-765D-4100-BA9C-DDD57C006367.png
    3D165B34-765D-4100-BA9C-DDD57C006367.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 05153719-5793-443B-BFDE-929B25B4F7B9.png
    05153719-5793-443B-BFDE-929B25B4F7B9.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • EC62AE96-BD66-4023-9561-CC4B72F91AA1.png
    EC62AE96-BD66-4023-9561-CC4B72F91AA1.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 6
The Pdf you included was very helpful to my ongoing search in certain characteristics of the oriental I have been trying to figure out like were did the large body long legs, hard feathers and upright Posture come from originally but most of all the short beak and head shape this pdf really shed light on these topics it took me a while to read but was worth my time that’s for sure and would suggest everybody read it if you haven’t
It looks like a lot of the traits Iv been looking at came from Gallus giganteus I am really intrigued on some of the oriental lines out there with this crazy look and want to own one of these breeds eventually that have this trait but not sure which breed to look for yet so I have been reading up as much as I can to figure out witch breed or line will have what I’m looking for I know one breed would be the Asil / long tail parrot beak asil line but I’ve seen other lines out there that even have a crazierlook to them that I like just can’t figure out what breed or line it is because it’s always in a different language I’ve tried to ask the breeders or owners the breed or line on Instagram or Facebook but can’t get a straight answer because of the language barrier I will include a picture of what I’m talking about in particular below and have a lot to ask about in regards to the long tail PBA Parrot beak asil like how they made this breed of chicken/ bird like what breeds were used for the characteristic pheno I’m seeing like their strawberry / Cushion comb it’s not like any comb iv seen and cant seem to find anything like it I only find something similar but not the same in the Yokohama or the Chantecler and the parrot beak shape it’s not the same as other asil I know the others are short yes but not this shape Iv read about vitamin deficiency Causing this and the images look very similar but I read that a lot of them die in the egg and I think this is more of a passes on characteristic that maybe passed on from the parents and not from deficiency but may have been originally but would love to hear what information you guys have on the topic

What breeds were used to create the parrot beak shape ?or where did it come from originally?

What breed did they use to create the long tail ? Was it a onigadori? Yokohama, or Phoenix line from Japan?
Iv asks some breeders from Bangladesh and some from India and they said it (PBA)was a new breed that has only been around for about 25 years and no body know what breeds / how they made this breed
I have spoken to a Indian breeder that is in the country that said it is impossible to remake and is from India only yes I know before you say it it can not be shipped because of strict rules on bringing in birds from certain country

Pics are not mine but show what I’m talking about both are parrot beak asil but one is the long tail parrot beak if you can’t tell it’s the one with the crazy looking comb
@nicalandia @MysteryChicken

I'm also intrigued by the idea of Gallus Giganteus. I've dug into that subject abit, a few months ago.

Comb, they call that a cushion, or strawberry. They share the same genetics as Walnut which is what I just call them anyways.

I don't know alot about the long tail parrot beak Asil, but I think either Sumatra, Phoenix, Yokohama, or even Onagadori may have been used. Not sure which.

Back
Top Bottom