Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Minuteman, those are interresting fowl. I would wager that they are Shamo, or Brazilian crossed with Spanish. They have all the looks of it, but it's real interresting that they have the pearl eyes of the orientals. Usually any outside blood produces red eyes.......Pop

Minuteman, those are interresting fowl. I would wager that they are Shamo, or Brazilian crossed with Spanish. They have all the looks of it, but it's real interresting that they have the pearl eyes of the orientals. Usually any outside blood produces red eyes.......Pop
Thanks! The guy I got them from called them "Argentine's" with one labled Calcutta and one Malayo.

The old drawings below are the ONLY info I have found on the breeds, so that's why I was fishing on here hoping someone knew a little. I think each of mine follows these drawings pretty well, except maybe the angle of my "calcutta's" tail:

I agree with POP. The tails, beaks and reduced wattles say to me that they might have some thing else (AG, or Spanish) in them besides Oriental blood. The fact, they have retained the pearl is pretty cool.

If you google Argentine Asil, look under IMAGES, you'll see what I mean.

None the less, cool looking games;)

Here are some of the pullets. The others don't want to come out for a picture lol. Its getting scorching hot in Texas with the humidity. The forecast predicts 3 or 4 days of rain. I just hope so. I need to clean one of the cage out and put in new dirt.

Back
Top Bottom