Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Yes, the hens are always black with black legs. Red hackles and sometimes even a few saddle feathers, are common in the cocks. Stags are usually all black, until maturity. If John has some of Sonny's blood, That could explain why your bird has a clean face. John mentioned that only the "purest of the pure" cocks in his line, have the fleshy faces at maturity. Any outside blood tends to clear it up. It could be blood from another line, but John always kept good records. His health could be a problem these days, though.
Have you talked with saladin? He and a few others are attempting to breed pure black Asils to be recognized for the APA standard book. Don't know how he's comming with it, but you guys should have a lot in common. Good luck breeding the red out........Pop

Yes, I have talked to Saladin about the black Asils. I gave him all the info he needs to go forward with recognition after the Indy show. Since they are already recognized by the ABA, it is a pretty simple process.

Walt

Young Brazilians.
great looking bird right ther~!!!!
thumbsup.gif

I was wondering how do any of you guys/girls excersise/train your birds to get them into shape, built more I do rope training what else can I do because I love muscular orientals for show. and are Madagascar games in the standards?

Last edited:
really just starting to get into the Oriental Gamefowl and will post some pics of my babies soon......got afew saipans already close to 24 inches tall ans he is only 6 months old and got the the biggest feet I've ever seen on a chicken....almost as big as my turkey's feet already and i know they will get bigger by the time is is 2 yrs. old and mature
wee.gif

I also have some Madagascar games.....I put mine on tie cords for excersise/train to build them up....I use a small section of chain in the tie cord for more weigth and change it once a week to the other leg.......I've had a few break their legs from hitting so hard in combat.....I like the rope excerise for balance
just my 2 cents worth
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom