A lot of hens are starting to go broody right now. My Asil decided to go broody right on top of a Cubalaya/AGF hen. They seem to be peacefully sharing the old nesting box
83.jpg

A lot of hens are starting to go broody right now. My Asil decided to go broody right on top of a Cubalaya/AGF hen. They seem to be peacefully sharing the old nesting box
View attachment 3741891
At first I thought there were three with one just being totally squished under everyone else.

Saipan Junglefowl would make a very interesting mix. As far as I'm aware they're the only feral Malayoid out there. You may end up making an ideal genetic foundation for an American malayoid landrace

Around 80 years ago the US Army wanted to create a feral chicken for North America but their project that used bankivoid Red Junglefowl failed. Only one small town in Georgia has survivors from the project. All others died

Maybe a Malayoid could make it
I've ordered 10 Saipans and hopefully at least 4 will be pullets that Legs can have 2 of and 2 can be bred to Saipan hopefully to increase his harem size. I'd like for him to have 4 or 5 girls to pal around with him. They will not make it here until the last week in June so this is not a short term project.

Back
Top Bottom