Homemade vanilla extract. Can you use Gin? **PICS ADDED**

Quote:
Heck NO woman! Are ya crazy?!
lol.png
Only a select few lovely ladies will be getting any of my baking goodies
wink.png
My mom is the first, she loves to bake and always shares
big_smile.png
A couple more and the rest is MINE... ALL MINE!
lol.png

I just got back from visiting my Mom in Tx. I was reading that magazine that's in the plane. They had an ad for Maker's Mark 46, a bourbon. Since I have more vanilla beans, I thought I'd try that this time. NOT!!!!
anywhere from $36-$43
ep.gif

Jen

I have only used vodka but would love to try rum. I only buy my plump beans from.. http://www.organic-vanilla.com They are wonderful and very economical. I would never again purchase from local stores when I can get these fresh and cheap! I store mine for a few months..three...in a cool dark place..basement..and shake bottle once a week. I can then just add more vodka as needed without having to let it sit for months. Makes a big difference using your own homemade vanilla
droolin.gif

Quote:
Thanks for the link, but they seem to be out of stock of EVERYTHING!? I also need to actually buy quite a bit right now? As you see in my sig, I bake a LOT!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the link, but they seem to be out of stock of EVERYTHING!? I also need to actually buy quite a bit right now? As you see in my sig, I bake a LOT!!!

wow, never knew them to be "out of stock" before. I just went there and it really surprised me. Must be all those orders from our BYC family.
wink.png
Sorry
sad.png

I checked there ebay store and they haven't had a sale on there since 2009?

Oh well, I'll find another vanilla bean supply.
smile.png
This year I invested in Saffron Crocus and was able to harvest my one from my yard this October. Now, if I could only grow my own vanilla orchards I'd be in HEAVEN!!!!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom