What did you make from your garden today?

Another two bouquets
8634_0.jpg

8633_0.jpg

I have too many zucchinis and too many eggs, so I came up with this today. Thick slices of a big zucchini, seed cores removed, cooked a while in a skillet then filled with eggs, cooked until done.

Not bad, but would be better if the eggs were scrambled and mixed with sausage, onion, bell peppers and herbs. With cheese melted on top. Next time I'll make them fancier. LOL. This was a trial run...

IMG_2769.JPG

Edited to add:

I just finished off more zucchini and eggs for supper: Scrambled eggs and chopped zucchini and yellow crookneck cooked in my trusty skillet.

Last edited:
Too early for spaghetti squash here, but I can’t wait to eat some!

I made a kale salad today. Normally I massage & serve immediately but I heard kale is less chewy when you massage with dressing than refrigerate until dinner. Tried that, and topped with parmesan and homemade croutons. So much better that way!

Also sauteed onions in oil, sliced some summer squash thin & added that, put a can of red beans in, and added paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne. Simmered til the squash was soft. Was an excellent compliment tonight!

Fried Cabbage, onions, yellow and zucchini squash and rustic mashed new taters. With some homemade rabbit smoked sausage. have some rabbit legs browned off and in the oven just about ready.. just have to make some onion gravy to put on rabbit and taters.. all produced on my homestead plus the local Mennonite sweet butter is from just a mile down the road..

Attachments

• CEBCF1C5-0018-4252-AF53-DDFA486C3F44.jpeg
    CEBCF1C5-0018-4252-AF53-DDFA486C3F44.jpeg
    433.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 48992C54-DBBC-48CA-977E-7E50B7C0AF13.jpeg
    48992C54-DBBC-48CA-977E-7E50B7C0AF13.jpeg
    548.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom